[TriLUG] mailing list ergonomics

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Tue Jun 1 23:10:29 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:

> We're not talking about the web site. We're talking about the mailing list
> footers.

This may have performance implications that force me to roll the
change back, but I've added 'personalization' to our config such that
the footer is now very explicit about what you have to do to
unsubscribe.

For the record, the ergonomics of the 2.x mailman web interface are
absolutely horrible. I get tickets on a regular basis having to do
with people getting confused by the interface.... and plenty more
tickets because AOL users have decided it's easier to mark mail from a
list as spam rather than figure out how to unsubscribe.

Anyway, please let me know if the new footers break something. Here's
hoping my inbox stays relatively empty. *crosses fingers*

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
ibiblio.org systems