[TriLUG] Lenovo warehouse sale until 3pm today

Clay Stuckey claystuckey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 15:21:48 EDT 2010

For those of you who missed the sale, you didn't really miss anything. I got
there late so the line was about 30% of what it was earlier. It still took
me an hour and a half to get in. Once I got in, I saw pallet after pallet of
non descript brown boxes with those wonderful Lenovo/IBM model numbers that
don't make any sense. (example: er4-223) There were no pictures,
descriptions or prices. There were tabloid sized spreadsheets with a 10pt
font 10-20 pages long with more information than you can shake a stick at. I
kept hearing people go up to the employees saying "man, can I just buy a
simple laptop?" Once you found Jimmy Hoffa, I mean the computer that you
were looking for, you go to the next room where there is another long line
to wait for refurbs, another for accessories, another for checkout. Yea you
may save yourself a hundred bucks on a laptop but you are going to have to
invest 5 hours to get it. I'd rather work 2 hours, buy it new and sit by the
pool for three hours. No thanks man!!!

--
Clay Stuckey - RHCE, LPIC1, CCNA, MCSE
claystuckey at gmail.com
(919) 600-0486 cell
(919) 531-1792 office (till the end of May)