[TriLUG] Ubuntu X11 Configuration

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 10 13:14:58 EDT 2010

I know and feel your pain. I too had such an issue.

X11 identifies and configures the monitor type on the fly using the EDID
from the monitor. Some times it is because the monitor is too old. It
could also be the cable/kvm issue.
Here is a page that I found very helpfull in solving my problems.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting

In my case I found that the monitor I was using did not have an EDID. I
ended up getting an LCD monitor.

73,
Neil, WA4AZL