[TriLUG] My first TriLug meeting.

Ian Hands iphands at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 21:51:34 EDT 2010

Hi Trilug,

My name is Ian Page Hands and I attended last Thursdays trilug meeting
as a first timer - I was the guy in cycling attire. First of all the
meeting was great. I look forward to attending more meetings in the
future, and becoming an official member.

At the end of the wonderful talks there were a couple of USB rocket
launchers in the give away pile with a label mentioning Windows XP
drivers attached to them. Just thought I would pass along a libusb
*nix app that I am cooking up for this device.

http://github.com/iphands/RocketLauncher

I had actually started the project last year when a work buddy was
unable to get his device (the same brand/model) to work under Linux.
My friend had found a simple C source file on the net but could not
get it to drive the device. The code I am working on is pretty much a
total rewrite, but the original code is BSD licensed - I think.

Actually having the device to take has kick started the project for
me, and getting it for free is/was awesome! :-)

Just thought I would pass this info along. See you at the next meeting.

Thanks Trilug,
-Ian Page Hands

p.s. Thinkgeek offers the exact same model
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/8a0f/ I imagine other
places do as well.

-- This email is totally un-confidential, please share it with anyone
and everyone. :-D