[TriLUG] OT: Internet service provider in Cary?

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Jun 25 15:22:15 EDT 2010

If I may ask, specifically what is it about the contract that is not
appleaing?

I ask because I just signed up for their BC service (an upgrade from
residential to run a commercial site) a couple of weeks ago.  I too was
hesitant about the contract but was able to get them conceed on certain
points that eliminated my objections.  Specifically, if the business were
to go under or I were to leave the service area, the contract will be
terminated without penalty.

I also had the option of going for no or a shorter contract, but opted for
the three years to reduce the price.  I have been a TW (internet) customer
for about 8 years and have been very happy with them overall.

With regards to speed, the various speed tests I have run indicate that I
am getting near 6.7 Mbs down and about 735Kbs up on average.

I have never had a complaint with them trying to degrade performance based
on type of traffic, either, like some cable providers are loath to do.