[TriLUG] Thinkpad Batter\(y\|ies\)

Joel James Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Thu Jul 1 16:33:59 EDT 2010

Hello,

A while ago I bought a Thinkpad 240 from a list member (Thanks Jason!)
and it definitely needs a new battery if I'm going to use it on the
road.  Knowing nothing about laptops (this is my first), I'm unsure of
the "gotchas" of buying a battery online.  Hopefully some of you with
more experience with IBM/Lenovo and laptops in general can answer these
questions for me:

1) Are there any especially good (in any way) online vendors?

2) Is there anywhere locally I could buy one?  They don't have anything
compatible at the campus store

3) Anything to watch out for?  I noticed one vendor offers a compatible
battery for $19.95 labelled with "refurbished" and "we do not warranty
battery life."

Any information or suggestions are helpful.

Thanks,

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson