[TriLUG] yum, squid and dansguardiann

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:58:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:51, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:

> How do I get yum to work through Dansguardian? I'm new to it and wanted to
> see if anyone has tackled this before. My google-fu is not working well at
> this point.

I did this with tinyproxy at a client site, but i'm guessing Squid
would have it too.  I forced certain MAC addresses to use the proxy
and left the others to go out to the 'net unfiltered.

Actually that may have been the firewall doing the MAC filtering (yay
pf!), but i'm sure you could swing something like that at home.