[TriLUG] question about ytalk

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:52:43 EDT 2010

At 9:13am -0400 Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Warren Myers wrote:
> There are times when we want to talk about personal projects and
> prefer the contents to not be captured in AIM/Gchat histories.

Perhaps tangential to your specific request for ytalk, but I seem to
recall someone touting Pidgin and the OTR (Off-the-Record) plugin for
this or a similar use case.  I haven't yet had a need/desire to use it
myself, so I don't know if OTR saves the conversation history.  To me,
at least, the whole concept of OTR would imply not.

Any OTR users have an insight to share?

Kevin