[TriLUG] OT: Google advertising for spammers?

David M. turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:14:37 EDT 2010

I'm going to regret even typing this but I'm doing it anyway, but they do
spam, whether intentional or not, 100% or 10% of their load.

SPAM:  n. Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent
indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk
e-mail.

Have I received more than enough spam from iContact and others like them?
YES.  Are they doing enough to protect the consumer who did not put
themselves on *SOMEONE ELSE'S MAILING LIST*?  NO.  Are the people
responsible for creating these lists worse than trolls?  YES.  I have had
various conversations with iContact particularly in regards to complaints
about email lists I have ZERO association with, yet I was spammed on.  I
think I finally managed to get some email addresses I use on permanent do
not email lists with them and constantcontact (another competitor).  So far
I think that has been working.

PS - don't forget to trim your emails b/c 9K is apparently too large.  :)