[TriLUG] OT: Google advertising for spammers?

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:23:13 EDT 2010

Disclaimer:  I don't know how any of these company's systems work internally.

My fraternity uses ConstantContact for communicating with our
membership.  What I know of that specific service, the company doesn't
dictate when email communications are sent out, it is completely up to
the subscriber.  In general, people probably want stuff to go out as
soon as it's ready - this is certainly the case with my fraternity, be
a notification of national magazine is available, key developments
with the organization, updates, etc.  Our membership *wants* that and
ConstantContact delivers.

So it *may* be unfair to look at these companies for their content
delivery schedules.  That said, as a person that has administered
email for non-profits with similar non-existent budgets, I feel for
your pain!