[TriLUG] Screen movement in JS

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Sat Sep 4 10:15:09 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 02:45:26PM -0700, Brian McCullough wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Here's a slightly different one for the gurus in the group.
>
> I have project that I am working on, and sometimes the users get dropped into a page part way down the screen.  Sometimes that happens to be on completely blank territory, but in any case, they really don't know what to do.

Thank you both for the ideas.  I had covered all of those bases, if I remember correctly, but with no success.  However, last night, during a conversation with someone, I was showing him the site, and he suggested that what I needed wasn't window.scrollTo, but parent.window.scrollTo, which was exactly what my problem was.

As I have said for many years, there is no better tool for debugging like a second set of eyes.

Brian