[TriLUG] NCSU Moodle

Joel James Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:13:28 EDT 2010

Cristóbal Palmer <cmp at cmpalmer.org> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Joel James Adamson
> <adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just found out that NCSU is using Moodle, and I'd like to advocate
>> for its use (over Blackboard) at UNC.  Can anyone on the list direct me
>> to the people responsible for making the change at NCSU, or anyone
>> working on a similar goal at UNC?
>
> Joel,
>
> I did my Master's Paper on Sakai[0], which is what ITS Teaching and
> Learning at UNC is moving UNC to--see the pilot site[1].

To Everybody: thanks for the replies and info.  I'm glad to hear that
other local institutions are making a move for freedom.

To Cristobal,

I was aware of the Sakai pilot project, and when I asked ITS about it
last year, that's where people directed me with a "we tried this; the
pilot is closed. End of discussion."  That's why I asked on this list
first ;)

> if you want to help, the best thing to do would be to help mobilize
> organizational units, especially those not already on the action
> group[2] to provide feedback that would help speed and improve the
> Sakai deployment.

I will check out the links you sent and do what I can in the Biology
department.

Thanks,

Joel

--