[TriLUG] OT What local tv service do you use with your mythtv?

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:02:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Mark Kempster <mark at kempster.org> wrote:
> I used a tivo with time-warner basic cable for years. I added a mythtv
> near the end, and then about a year ago switched to Uverse.
>
> [...]
>
> I'm just not as thrilled with the whole deal as I was hoping for, and
> I'm considering the switch to another service that will let me use my
> mythtv again. I'd like to stay legal and with a 'normal' tv stream -
> I'm not ready to make the leap of buying or downloading every show the
> family wants to watch.
>
> If you're using mythtv, what local service to you use it with?

What problems are you having using Uverse with mythTV?  I hear mixed
reviews but some folks on the mythTV list seem to have it working.

That said, I still use mythTV with analog cable (like Sean, and it
works well enough), and I recently added an HD homerun for Over The
Air HD.  Aside from probably needing a better antenna I couldn't be
happier.  I'm dreading the switch to digital cable, and hoping we get
done with all this "channel" nonsense and I can order shows a-la-carte
when I finally have to give up the analog tuner.

TWC is only allowing digital cable with new accounts now (from what I
understand), so you might want to find a digital TWC user with mythTV
to check before you switch.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com