[TriLUG] OT What local tv service do you use with your mythtv?

David M. turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 09:47:37 EDT 2010

Message body is too big: 10152 bytes with a limit of 9 KB

ARGGGGGGG!

So I wonder... if you are going to get TW digital cable (which I have no
issues with and enjoy) why not spend the $6/m extra for their HD DVR?  I
think you can record 2 chans at the same time, and pause live TV.  Funny I
even say b/c I don't even have the DVR.  I still take a classic approach to
TV since I don't watch much of it.  But 9PM on Sunday evenings with HBO,
don't call me, don't txt me.  I do see all the advantages to watch it when
you want to though. :)  I get a lot of content on-demand just by having
digital cable + the HBO/Cinemax combo.  Otherwise you might catch me on
FoodTV (I'm an AI culinary student).

I could see using MythTV... for the ability to 1 - choose your recording
format so you can hopefully choose some kind of MP4 that works on
win/lin/mac/iphone/droid/ipad/etc.etc.  2 - it's your software to configure,
not the vendor, 3 - you choose how much storage you want... 4 - oh, like
they all come back to, you get your own control.  :)  For me, I've let go of
all that.  If only the TW DVR would let me copy recorded shows in HD in a
format for the previously mentioned portability... that's probably the one
big thing I would want.

Just a little devil's advocate for breakfast!
David

I hate this 9K limit