[TriLUG] OT What local tv service do you use with your mythtv?

Jimmy Dorff jdorff at phy.duke.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:38:58 EDT 2010

On 10/15/2010 01:56 PM, Joseph Tate wrote:
> Does anyone who's built their own antennas want to share their
> designs?  I'd love to see some.

My UHF antenna is the common "coat hanger" Hoverman UHF design, such as
this one:

Due to virtual channels in ATSC the stations "advertised" channel may no
longer be their broadcast channel. http://www.antennaweb.org will show
you all of your local broadcast channels, their real broadcast channel
(RF) and their distance and direction.

For the one VHF station I wanted (ABC11), I looked up the channel info here:

And entered the frequency into the 3 element yagi calculator here:

My Yagi is very crude, but it works great.