[TriLUG] Dual-boot

Kristopher Kane kristopher.kane at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 15:18:34 EDT 2010

This doesn't answer Henry's question but I agree with the virt option
over a dual boot scenario.

I have a Core2Duo with VT enabled and 4GB of DDR3.  Win7 is the host
with VMWare Player (free) and the VMWare linux tools installed inside
of CentOS5.5.   The VMWare tools install is manual with CentOS but is
automated with other distributions such as Ubuntu.  The manual install
is fast and enables support for full screen resolution and copy/paste
from host to instance.  I am sure there are other benefits but those
are the two I use.  You can also add virtual drives on the fly without
having to restart the instance.

I have other commitments that require Win7 but if someone can point me
to a source document  that shows how to resume from Sleep/Standby mode
in CentOS on a ThinkPad SL410, I may consider a host install of CentOS
with Win7 as the guest.

-Kris