[TriLUG] Noob Installing Intel Wireless Adapter

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed Nov 3 14:17:29 EDT 2010

The Intel 2200BG WiFi card should work with most Linux Distros,
including Ubuntu.  A quick search turned up someone with the same
laptop saying that Wifi works but the Wifi LED doesn't.

  http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4171037

Perhaps you have a hardware issue ?
Is there a physical Wifi Switch to enable/disable it ?

Bill