[TriLUG] AWStats and/or other web log analyzer?

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Nov 4 16:12:38 EDT 2010

On 11/04/2010 04:08 PM, Chris Merrill wrote:
> I'd like to setup a log analyzer on my web server to analyze my traffic - look
> at what pages are popular, which ones aren't, where traffic has been coming
> from...the usual stuff.  I'd like to view the info in a browser...I'd like to
> be able to easily secure that information.

What do you mean secure this information? Hide from the general public
or not allow any other entity ever to see? If you can deal with Google
knowing your traffic, I'd highly suggest google analytics. Really nice
web UI (blows AWStats out of the water), easy setup and no maintenance
needed.

The only thing GA can't do is track non-html assets. So if you need
statistics on large images, PDF docs, etc then it's not much use.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP