[TriLUG] Nagios: Problems with check_esx3.pl plugin

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Tue Nov 9 17:03:13 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>  I'm using the op5.org check_esx3.pl plugin for nagios. I have it on a test
> system running correctly. However, on the production system, it's failing.

Are the test system and the production system the same distro and
release? Can you do an "rpm -qa |sort" if it's an rpm-based machine
and then diff the output on the two? If you're on a debian derivative,
you can "dpkg --get-selections" and similarly diff the results. Do you
perhaps have selinux running on one and not the other?
/usr/sbin/sestatus to check. Those are possible things getting in the
way off the top of my head. I'm also not clear where in the chain
you'rs seeing the failure. Maybe check iptables on both?

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
ibiblio.org systems