[TriLUG] Have you ever worked at a Data Center?

Edwin Castillo edwin at wiredbytes.com
Thu Nov 11 10:14:53 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you have ever worked (or currently work) at a Data
Center? I have worked most of my career for Value-Added Resellers (VARs) and
Independent Software Vendors (ISVs). My experience is that working for a VAR
is completely different than working for an IT Team at a particular company.
What has been your experience?

I have purchased services from data centers in the past, but I'm sure that
the customer view is very different than the behind the scenes employee
view.

I ask this question because I am looking into a position at a Raleigh Data
Center and would like to hear what the Triluggers have to say. Thanks.

Regards,
Edwin Castillo