[TriLUG] Nagios: Problems with check_esx3.pl plugin

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Nov 11 11:27:39 EST 2010

Hey all,
  I found the issue.

The production system is in a cluster with a shared PERL5LIB
environment. Even though the root user and nagios user have the correct
PERL5LIB path, the Nagios daemon did not. I was making the assumption
that the daemon and the nagios user used the same environment variables.
The plugin required Nagios::Plugin which we didn't have it installed, so
it was installed to the shared library.

When we changed the PERL5LIB variable in  /etc/profile.d/perl.sh to the
shared library, everything is working correctly.

Hope this helps someone,

-Roy

Roy Vestal
http://rpp.linuxmaniac.net