[TriLUG] KVM problem

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Fri Nov 19 07:55:20 EST 2010

Folks,

I have a problem with a KVM machine and was hoping I could draw on the immense depth of knowledge in this group.

This machine has been running multiple virtual machines for several months, but recently any virsh command responds with "unable to connect with hypervisor."

The actual response is:
Connecting to uri: qemu:///system
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Is there any solution to this short of shutting down all of the virtual machines and restarting all of the relevent processes, or even, perish the thought, rebooting the machine?

Is there any way that I can leave the virtual machines running and just restart the control processes?

Thanks,
Brian