[TriLUG] Recommendations for Linux clustering products

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:10:40 EST 2010

Greetings all,

I am looking for recommendations on building a small linux 2-node cluster that will provide HTTP, MySQL, and NFS services.  Once up and operational, this cluster is expected to be 100% hands-off (as in - deployed in the field at remote locations) so reliability is critical.  This node will consist of two independent systems connected via back-to-back GigE network interfaces for redundancy.

I have used clustering tools in the past (haproxy, ucarp, etc) and have dabbled around with Linux HA, but would like to get some suggestions on a turn-key clustering product.  I was also looking over at RedHat's site recently and read some information on their "Red Hat Cluster Suite" product and was trying to find out exactly how much $$$ it costs to deploy.

Other than Linux HA and Red Hat Cluster Suite, what other clustering products exist for the Linux world?

Thanks in advance,

-Ron