[TriLUG] OT: Earthlink and ISPs

Jim jjtuttle at trilug.org
Tue Nov 30 09:21:41 EST 2010

On 11/29/2010 02:21 PM, tj wrote:
> earthlink is using  Road Runner/TWC cable internet :|.
>
> switching TWC to Earthlink is not making any better, since using the
> same media : Road Runner cable internet.
> Instead of  escaping from TWC, you are still in TWC with "earthlink" name :P
>
> correct, earthlink is no good any more, like used to be.. when they
> had local person to help consumer support level.
> They will ping-pong you between TWC and Earthlink,  try to do
> tele-conference  with earthlink and TWC.
> Call earthlink first, dan request the support person to  call TWC....
> in  this scenario, you will can strengthen the problem.with less time.
>
> I still keep my earthlink, since may primary email is  earthlink :(.
> Earthlik has email service only for 5-10 buck per month.
>
> at&t has promo on direct DSL (without phone service).I got DirectDSL
> promo mail around  twice a month in my mailbox.
> one of my friend switched in early november from TWC to at&t, they
> seem happy with at&t Direct DSL.
>
> good luck...

Thanks for writing.  I did understand that EarthLink leased bandwidth
from TWC.  Going through an Indian call center to get transfered to TWC
is a real pain.  I did look into ATT DSL, but it isn't offered in my
neighborhood.  I think Clear is about the only other choice I have.
Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks,
jt