[TriLUG] Have a Job

Ryan Leathers rleathers at americanri.com
Thu Dec 2 17:47:10 EST 2010

Linux / Open Source shop has an opening for a python developer.

The right candidate can demonstrate excellent software development
practices as a member of a small team.  Please be familiar with
principles of object oriented design, use of design patterns, and write
good code.

If you have solid experience with some other language like Java, C++, or
even C#, and you really want to be part of a project using python then
you might be a good fit, but we would obviously prefer strong python
experience.  Mainly we are looking for someone who is wicked smart and
reasonably experienced, with the right personally/attitude for this team.

Finally, if you enjoy tackling a few sysadmin tasks for a change of
pace, there are opportunities to do some of that as well. We run Debian
virtual machines in Xen for just about everything. We use postfix,
OpenLDAP, Kerberos, etc etc all open source.

We try to be competitive with compensation. I'm sure there are
organizations with a bigger budget, so if you are already at one of
those places we are probably not your next move for a pay increase. We
like to think we have an excellent technical environment to work in,
interesting projects, and a tight family-like atmosphere. If interested,
please contact me OFF LIST to discuss in more detail.

Ryan