[TriLUG] have a job
lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Wed Dec 8 00:23:16 EST 2010
ran across this via a colleague in the area. please contact me directly
if you're interested!
Linux Network/Systems Engineer Needed for one of the Triangle's Best
Places to Work!
Are you an IT Infrastructure specialist looking for your next career move?
Are you looking for an amazing company to work for? You are in luck! Our
client, consistently voted one of the best places to work in the RTP, NC
area, is currently looking to add to their team. We are seeking a
Network/Linux Engineer to perform a range of network and system
administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance,
upgrades, and general support for network equipment and Linux based
· Maximize network reliability by monitoring performance,
troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades,
collaborating with vendor support on network optimization.
· Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and
· Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity
throughout the organization.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies
and research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business
· Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes
· Lead, train, and support the work of other staff engaged in
· Work closely with DBAs, Systems Engineers and stakeholders to
meet their various requirements.
· Proactively suggest alternative solutions and designs, third
party tools, etc. to solve the problems at hand.
· Travel to data centers for the deployment of the server and
· Respond to all system problems on a 24x7x365 basis and take part
in on-call rotation.
· 5+ years experience designing and operating networks in a
24x7x365 highly available environment.
· Very strong L2/switching experience and troubleshooting skills:
(production LAN design, fully versed in networking concepts such as
STP/RSTP/MSTP/PVST, ARP, VTP, QOS)
· Design and implementation experience with routing protocols
(BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
· Fluency with common network admin and intrusion detection tools
such as Snort, MRTG, Nagios, Ethereal/Wireshark, Nmap, Nessus, etc.
· In-depth, hands on knowledge of Juniper network and security
· Linux system administration experience in a high-volume,
· Strong working knowledge of HTTP, SSL, MTA, LDAP, NFS, DNS and
SAN technologies, including iSCSI.
· Experience with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Postgres or Oracle.
· Experience in SaaS based business model.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
· Degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Technology,
or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and
education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
lisa lorenzin | lorenzin at 1000plus.com
of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol
More information about the TriLUG