kwoodie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 08:11:09 EST 2010
Job that just came open at Progress Energy. Thanks.
IT Analyst (Senior level) Position 1574BR www.progress-energy.com
This position is responsible for providing daily middleware support to
application development teams for applications utilizing Progress Energy's
WebSphere and webMethods infrastructure environments.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with application teams to install, document and test new
applications in preproduction environments. (manage test environments).
- Working with operations to coordinate middleware infrastructure patching
and upgrades and act as liaison to application development teams.
- Working with application teams to document application installation and
configuration procedures for production deployment.
- Working with operations to ensure smooth transition of applications into
- Providing third level production support.
- Providing daily support for middleware development tools (IDE’s).
- Providing daily support for Java and webMethods release engineering.
- Providing support for new middleware architectural initiatives
- Development of ANT scripting for release engineering
Individuals applying for this position should possess strong troubleshooting
skills and the ability to methodically identify, research, and resolve
complex issues. In addition, they should be effective at building and
maintaining positive working relationships, possess excellent communication
and collaboration skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn new
technologies and the ability to apply concepts quickly, and be able to
independently organize and prioritize daily work with limited direction from
management. They should have basic networking skills and an understanding of
distributed client server applications and the Windows and UNIX operating
Position requires a Bachelor's degree and 5 - 7 years like-work experience.
Four years of like-work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree,
or combination of education and like-work experience totaling 9+ years.
Nine or more years - Experience with WebSphere or WebMethods administration
and/or development, including infrastructure and architecture support
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating System including writing Shell
- Experience with software release engineering processes and principles.
More information about the TriLUG