[TriLUG] Linux Printing Suggestions

Joel J. Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Tue Dec 28 15:40:55 EST 2010

Matt Flyer <matt at noway2.thruhere.net> writes:

> I am also finding that if a particular model is reviewed as working
> well, it is typically a review that is 3-4 years old, meaning less
> likelihood of finding one in a store.

You probably aren't seeing more recent stuff because there's very little
to talk about.  I haven't had any trouble setting up a printer for use
at home or at work for more than two years.

I have an Epson that I have never had any problems with.  I've never had
to download any drivers --- I've never had to do anything special.  I
just plugged it in and it worked.  Even on Slackware ;)

It's an Epson Stylux Color CX3810.  It's an all-in-one, scanner, copier
and printer with CMYK cartridges (one for each).

HTH
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson	-- http://www.unc.edu/~adamsonj