[TriLUG] "burning in" a new machine

Edwin Castillo edwin at wiredbytes.com
Tue Jan 4 17:12:25 EST 2011

+1 for stress.

I am normally concerned about the CPU cooler installation so I make sure I
can blast the CPU temp up without having it crash. I don't run this test the
same day since some vendors state that the thermal paste settles in after 2
weeks of 8 hour operation. I'm too impatient for that, so I wait a day at
most.

Regards,
Edwin Castillo
http://about.me/edwincastillo