[TriLUG] replicating a linux installation

Charles Mangin option8 at option8.com
Fri Jan 7 17:21:40 EST 2011

as i'm building/rebuilding my fedora server, i keep coming up with packages that i need to install, that were installed on my old server.

is there a way to get a list of all the packages installed on one machine (via RPM, presumably) that i can use to automate installation on the new machine? the two machines are different architectures and different fedora versions, so i don't know if it wouldn't require a lot of tweaking.

  charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
  option8 at option8.com
  http://mentalhygiene.com