[TriLUG] Slightly OT: editing mp3 tags

Derek Davis derek.davis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:25:39 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:20 PM, stan briggs <stanbriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> Who has had success with a tool that allows you to edit mp3 tags
> in-mass. I seem to recall a tool that imported data into a spreadsheet
> style interface thereby making it easy to make mass changes across
> many files.
> BSDunix, OSX, Win ... I don't really care.
> Suggestions?

I've used EasyTag in Linux, and it's worked very well for me, though I
didn't do much with it. My favorite id3 tag editing is in Windows, using
Foobar2000. Not only is it a great player, but it is awesome with id3 tag
editing, pulling from online databases, scripting batch changes, changing en
masse, etc. Very powerful.

Derek