[TriLUG] Slightly OT: editing mp3 tags

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Mon Jan 10 23:14:24 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 21:20 -0500, stan briggs wrote:
> All,
> Who has had success with a tool that allows you to edit mp3 tags
> in-mass. I seem to recall a tool that imported data into a spreadsheet
> style interface thereby making it easy to make mass changes across
> many files.

If you really need to get a lot of mp3 tag editing done, EasyTAG is one
of those killer apps that make you want to use Linux.

I have been using it for years and rarely do I find myself wishing there
was another tool to try.

It's initial presentation is similar to a swiss army knife style
multi-tool: Looks complicated when all you need is a small knife, but
once you get to use them all it becomes a trusted tool that works magic
on mp3 tags.

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux System Administration / Computing Services