[TriLUG] Slightly OT: Online Training and Certs

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Tue Jan 11 07:35:05 EST 2011

When I got my MCSE, I bought the ExamCram books for each of the 6 exams
and focused on regurgitating Micro$oft's nomenclature with the practice
exams included in the book. However, there is no replacement for loading
up whatever software you want to learn and for using it. On that note, I
have Action Pack subscription that lets me pay something like $300/yr
and have access to all pertinent software.

So, if you want to pass the tests, get the books and practice exams. If
you want to learn the software, get the Action Pack.

hth,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks - ONE(tm) Plan to put IT maintenance behind the
scenes, after-hours and out of your way.

Tel: 919-838-1672 Cell: 919-606-1772 Skype: neusedotnet Web:
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/neuse Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/neuseriver Twitter: http://twitter.com/neuse