[TriLUG] UPS Recommendations?

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Sat Jan 15 13:21:02 EST 2011

My home UPS just died, after I gently picked it up to identify the model
number to order a new battery. It wouldn't turn back on after that!

I'm looking for recommendations for a Linux friendly UPS. I'd like
something that there are available monitoring tools that can do things
like shut down hosts when the battery gets low. I'll need something that
can power a machine with a 700 W power supply and some monitors long
enough at least to shut it down in a power outage.

So, do any of you have UPSs that you just love?

--
Randy