[TriLUG] Slightly OT: editing mp3 tags

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sun Jan 16 20:12:05 EST 2011

> If you really need to get a lot of mp3 tag editing done, EasyTAG is one
> of those killer apps that make you want to use Linux.

This was a very timely response... it's time for me to bring some order
to my vast collection of polka tunes and Perry Como albums. EasyTag
seems to really do the trick.

I had to install the "easytag-aac" package (installing it automatically
removed the plain "easytag" package). I am not sure why there are two
different packages in the Ubuntu repositories, but only the -aac one
will read/write M4A/AAC files.

Alan

.