[TriLUG] Slightly OT: editing mp3 tags

Maxwell Spangler maxlists at maxwellspangler.com
Mon Jan 17 01:19:00 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 20:12 -0500, Alan Porter wrote:
> > If you really need to get a lot of mp3 tag editing done, EasyTAG is one
> > of those killer apps that make you want to use Linux.

The other thing that's made Linux a joy to use is the ability to
encounter pretty much any audio file format, do a quick google, and find
a way to convert it to .mp3 to keep my collection consistent.

Even some nice tools that understand .cue files in order to chop a
single file into multiple individual tracks, then convert it to .mp3.

Often I lose the tag information in this process - so it's back to
EasyTag for a fix.

--
Maxwell Spangler
        Linux System Administration / Computing Services