[TriLUG] Soldering Workshop at Splat*Space this Saturday -- All Levels Welcome

scottghall at bellsouth.net scottghall at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 17 16:34:00 EST 2011

Have you been wanting to finish that electronic project you started
a while back?  Or have been meaning to learn to solder electronics
but haven't gotten to it yet?

Announcing a Soldering Workshop at Splat*Space this Saturday,
Jan. 22, 2011, at 2:00pm.  For directions: http://splatspace.org/location/

Attendees can participate in a Learn to Solder Class or work on
an existing project alongside other solderers.  All levels welcome
to attend.  See http://wiki.splatspace.org/index.php/Learn_to_Solder

The workshop is open to all -- you do not need to be a member of
Splat*Space to participate.  We invite folks working on robotics,
RC planes, trains, automobiles and boats, scale modeling, ham radio,
microcontrollers, anyone who has an interest to learn a little
electronics.

This event is free.  Splat*Space has a lot of resources available
for participants.  We have complete Learn to Solder Kits available
with everything you would need for $25, add another $10 for a
7-Function multimeter and solder sucker.  See:
http://wiki.splatspace.org/index.php/Scott%27s_Learn_to_Solder_Kits
for a description.

If you don't have the budget to own your own tools and supplies,
we have misc. electronics components, many soldering stations and
tools for public use, and the talent to teach each other!  If you
already have your own tools, separate functional electronic kits are
available for $10.

Contact Scott Hall if you have any questions:
Scott at HallComm-Inc.Com  or  ScottGHall1 at Gmail.Com
phone: 919-624-5973

Splat*Space:
331 W. Main St.
Durham, NC  27701