[TriLUG] Mass mailing ideas

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Tue Jan 18 17:01:15 EST 2011

Sending passwords in an email isn't the most secure thing, but setting
aside that issue ...

It looks to me like you could export the spread sheet as a comma separated
value list.  Then use a script on Ubuntu to read the file, extract each
users email address and password and call 'sendmail' (with their email
address that was extracted) and send them a standard form with their
password put in.

I am not an expert script writer, but off hand this seems like it could be
done in a few lines of shell script with either SED or AWK.