[TriLUG] Mass mailing ideas

Dave Sorenson sorenson at uffdaa.com
Tue Jan 18 19:22:24 EST 2011

To answer the original question.. One quick and extremely dirty way is
to use open office mail merge to generate emails from your
spreadsheet. I used this to send out batches of 100 messages to about
700 users. You can pull any of the fields from your spreadsheet to
customize the message. I wouldnt use this for stuff I had to send over
and over and you may need to limit how many you send at once depending
on your outbound server, but it worked for us.

Before everyone slams this it is limited and has its issues I well
know, but it did work.

Dave