[TriLUG] Google's Hiring (... in Chapel Hill, as well as Lenoir)

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Jan 28 11:13:15 EST 2011

You may have heard it in the news, we're hiring like gang busters
again.  It's always hard to find good people, so we look to the
network of human contacts our employees have.  For me, that means my
ever-helpful and knowledgeable friends in TriLUG.

If you're looking for something local in the Triangle:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/uslocations/chapel-hill/swe/software-engineer-chapel-hill/index.html

Or if you'd like to come out and join our group in the mountains:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/uslocations/lenoir/swe/software-engineer-google-com-lenoir/index.html

Note that the latter position is also a SWE position, but you could
also work in our SRE group.  If you're a seasoned unix jockey, more of
the sysadmin bent, with a strong sense of good software design, who's
also pretty comfortable coding in at least one of
python/perl/ruby/java/c/c++, send a resume my way and I'll be glad to
help gauge if you'd enjoy our group, or if you'd be a good fit.  In
short, if you have skills in line with this job posting, you might
also be a fit for our group:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/uslocations/mountain-view/engops/sre/unix-system-applications-administrator-google-com-mountain-view/

As always, if you're interested in a job at Google, let me know.  I'm
happy to provide referrals to any TriLUGers, which really does go a
long way towards getting past the flood gates of the
recruiter-front-door, so to speak.

Aaron S. Joyner