[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Mon Jan 31 13:40:07 EST 2011

According to the link mentioned below, it seems as if the majority is
leaning towards dissolving the non-profit corporate status siting that it
does not seem to be providing much benefit these days.

In order the group make an informed decision, it looks as if the best
thing would be to review the recording of the meeting.  However, this may
not be practical for everyone.

Therefore, a discussion of the highlights regarding the advantages and
disadvantages of letting the non-profit status expire might be beneficial.
 Would someone, who knows, please summarize what they see as the up and
down side of this choice?