[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Tue Feb 1 13:54:03 EST 2011

As was mentioned earlier this morning, I am not a tax professional or an
attorney.  I do have a limited amount of experience with filing the forms
to establish a business from helping my wife start up her tie dye clothing
company.  I am willing to do research on the requirements, put together
some documentation and co-ordinate with a tax professional.

I do have a thought regarding some inexpensive, or pro bono help.  It
occurred to me that this might make an interesting case study project for
an undergraduate accounting class, being a real world example rather than
one of the canned examples that are normally used.

Per Alan's suggestion, I will try to listen to the previous discussion.  I
think I do so while I perform my duties at work.