[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Feb 3 15:06:51 EST 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Jeff Schornick wrote:

> Per Joe's request for the LUG's basic financial status...
>
> Trilug currently has cash assets of $842.93.  After a few
> outstanding liabilities to SC members, we have $793.63 to
> our name.

Hi Jeff,
thanks.

This and the wiki (thanks for the work) answer just about
all my questions.

This isn't a real lot of money. I guess as long as monthly
donations for pizza just about balance the pizza, it isn't a
problem.

> Server hosting is currently provided to TriLUG for free.

including the hardware? Does someone in TriLUG know someone
at the hosting company? Does this depend on our legal
status?

> Meeting space is donated by Red Hat.

This depends on our legal status too (from the wiki)

> Annually, we incur a few minor recurring charges (PO box
> rental)

is this required for legal reasons? At NCSA we used the
Treasurer's address (I don't know if this was correct - we
really didn't know what we were doing - but we didn't get
any alarming letters either).

Joe