[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Thu Feb 3 17:10:44 EST 2011

On 02/03/2011 04:23 PM, Brian Daniels wrote:
> It seems to me that a major question in need of resolution is whether
> losing our status would imperil our server hosting, and meeting space
> at RedHat.
I am confident that our corporate status will not affect the offer of
meeting space at RedHat. There are other groups, such as TriDroid and
Raleigh.rb, which meet there regularly and are not incorporated. Based
on inquiries I have made in the past, all you need is a friendly
employee from RedHat who is willing to coordinate with facilities and to
work the door for us. In our case, we have the very kind and gracious
Brock Organ. To my knowledge, he plans to continue helping us with this.

The largest risk regarding our meeting at RedHat is the length of their
lease on that building. I think they're planning to move somewhere else
in the Triangle.

If we were not to meet at RedHat, I am confident we would find other
space. For now, I'm rather glad that we have both RedHat and Brock Organ.

Kind regards,
Justis