[TriLUG] [JOB} Network admin

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Feb 7 11:34:15 EST 2011

Note that this job description is worded to appeal to admins with Windows expertise,
because we are weakest in that area. Internally, we run a mix of Windows and Linux and
our customers, whom you would be working with frequently, run a variety of architectures
as well (Linux, Windows, Solaris and AIX being the most common).

What we're really looking for is network geeks who like to uncover and troubleshoot
web/network issues. Large-scale web tier, firewall and load-balancer experience is a
bonus.  Web development experience is also a bonus.

Please response to jobs at webperformance.com or to me directly.

Job description:

Working for Web Performance, you will be joining a small, fast paced company specializing in web
performance testing tools and testing services. As a Windows Administrator, your primary
responsibility is helping our customers test, measure and meet the performance goals for their websites.

Job duties will include:

    * Advising customers on configuration and performance tuning for Windows servers, load
balancers, etc.
    * Understanding each customer's application, infrastructure and their testing goals
    * Configuring and performing load tests of web-based applications and analyzing the results
    * Writing about Windows website performance issues for articles, research papers, case studies
and our blog

Job Requirements:

    * Solid understanding of Windows networking and Windows Server configuration, especially IIS,
ISA and SQL servers
    * Basic understanding of the HTTP protocol
    * Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
    * Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment

Desirable Skills:

    * Experience deploying high-traffic, high-performance websites on Windows servers
    * Understanding of factors affecting the performance of web-based applications
    * Understanding of high performance configurations of operating systems and application servers
    * Experience configuring load balancers, firewalls, routers, web servers, etc. in a Windows
environment
    * Experience developing non-trivial web-applications (especially .NET)

When you have proven your capabilities, you may have the opportunity, if desired, to evolve into one
of these roles:

    * Internal IT system administration
    * Software development for the Load Tester product
    * Project management

Please send your resume and salary requirements to jobs at webperformance.com.

Principals only. No phone calls please. US Citizenship required.

This position is in RTP, NC. In-person interview is required. No relocation compensation is offered.

http://www.webperformance.com

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services