[TriLUG] Trilug - corporate status etc.

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:17:03 EST 2011

pretty sure the "w/o snipping anything" aspect is because most of us run
Gmail which threads nicely :)

Personally, I think the group being a 501(c)(3) is pretty cool - though I've
never counted any of the donations I've given in the past.

I have no preference on what TriLUG decides to do - I'll keep participating
whether we're loosely affiliated, a non-profit corporation, or a for-profit
corporation.

WMM

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:57, Michael Rulison <13miketele at bellsouth.net>wrote:

>  1. The email thread is hugely difficult to traverse because of the
>     long string of messages, each repeating everything from before w/o
>     snipping anything.  I gave up.
>  2. At the December meeting I said I had had experience in pushing
>     501(c)(3) status forms up through the IRS hierarchy. It does not
>     need an attorney, just someone who will read forms and
>     instructions and jump through the hoops, which include: articles
>     of incorporation, bylaws, income/expense statement(s), and IRS
>     forms. I left it there and have not been contacted. I have lots to
>     pray over but might still be available, especially if 3-4 persons
>     would agree to perform separable tasks requiring, I guess, 3-6
>     hours each.
>  3. Tax situation and not being current, etc.: I have no experience
>     with this but, again, understand I&E and Balance Sheets at a
>     rudimentary level. I am not familiar with ins and outs of wiggling
>     out of state/federal tax cracks.
>  4. I will go with the flow of what the group wants.
>  5. If anyone wishes to reply or comment on this, please snip out what
>     is irrelevant for you and address what remains.

> TriLUG FAQ          :

Warren Myers
http://warrenmyers.com
http://twitter.com/volcimaster