[TriLUG] use fedora server for VPN

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Feb 11 14:17:35 EST 2011

> what relevant config files do i need to look into?

I have a similar setup.  I use pptpd as the vpn server.  My
main config file is pretty simple:

   option /etc/ppp/pptpd-options
   debug
   logwtmp
   localip 172.16.4.1
   remoteip 172.16.4.2-250

It sounds like your ipad traffic is making its way to the
PPTP server, but it is getting stopped there.  You need to
set up a NAT so that the ipad's traffic is masqueraded onto
the pptp server's main network interface.

I use shorewall.  One line in /etc/shorewall/masq like this
does the trick for me.

eth0  172.16.0.0/16    # OpenVPN and PPTP

But you might also just use an iptables rule or ufw rule to
do it.

Alan