[TriLUG] use fedora server for VPN

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Fri Feb 11 16:32:42 EST 2011

It's been mentioned in Alan's blog, but it bears worth repeating:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o <iface> -j MASQUERADE
and

are, in my humble opinion, two of the most powerful commands in all of
Linux and will allow you to bridge a wide variety of network interfaces.

When I bought my phone, they (wrongfully) told me that it would not work
with Linux.  Then when we wanted a wireless credit card machine to use in
places like craft fairs they (wrongfully) told us that the only way would
could do that would be to buy one that cost several thousand dollars more
(and that the one we bought could never be used in these places).
Combining Linux, the phone, a cross over cable with those two commands and
the impossible became possible.