[TriLUG] Thinkpad Battery Charging Thresholds

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:02:44 EST 2011

I installed sysfsutils on my debian system, and that will restore the
values on reboot.  Thanks for the links, I've been wanting something
like this.  It's nice when it lands in your lap fully formed and
functional.

Now to see if I can get the applet installed. (I want to charge to
full when I'm about to be disconnected for an indeterminate amount of
time).

But first I think I need to get suspend/resume working again.  I'm
suffering from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/565607

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Joel James Adamson wrote:
>
>> However, two weeks or so ago, I accidentally drained the battery, and
>> since then the old charging behavior (i.e. no charging thresholds) has
>> returned.
>
> The same happened to me after rebooting when the battery returned to 100/96%
> behaviour (The values held for several reboots, and then after one more
> reboot, were lost). I now have the rc scripts poke values into
> /sys/..../BAT0/ on bootup. It's been holding for a day now.
>
> (I have a thinkpad and am using tp_smapi to access these extended features
> in /sys/)
>
> Joe

> jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
> generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!
> --
> This message was sent to: Joseph Tate <dragonstrider at gmail.com>

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com