[TriLUG] OT: Need a tester for a day...

Shane O. shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:35:17 EST 2011

All -

Anybody interested in a day's work?

We're working on the early stages of a port of our product from Windows to
... get ready for it ... are you ready? ... the tension is building ... what
could he possibly say next? ... God forbid this post may actually be
relevant to the group ... LINUX!!!

As a part of this porting effort, we're looking for some "fresh eyes" to
review, side-by-side, our UI running in both Windows and Linux environments
and identify where things don't look quite right (Bonus points for finding
any additional bugs along the way -- not bonus "pay" mind you, but points
must be worth something).

For those of you not familiar with our product, you can learn more at
http://www.bluestripe.com or you can hit me with an email or phone call and
we can discuss.

And for those of you that are troubleshooting complex application problems
in your data centers and aren't familiar with our product, shame on you. ;-)

Anyway, this work won't be particularly exciting, but could lead to
additional opportunities down the road, if we're mutually interested in that
kind of thing.  No promises, but we do plenty of ad hoc user testing and
seek contractor help in many of the facets of our business.

The right person for this job will have:

   - an eye for detail
   - an ability to trudge through even the most mundane of tasks in an
   orderly, organized fashion (so you can keep track of where you've been)
   - a minimal set of documentation skills to "write up" the bugs you find
   in a way that's useful and helps us in both identifying and recreating the
   scenario
   - a general knowledge of systems architecture (i.e., understand the basic
   nature of processes, network connections, OS resource management, etc.)
   - a natural sense of curiosity

We'd like to make this happen next week (or sooner).  If you're interested,
let me know -

Shane O.